Numerous research papers are available across different media which refer to the many health properties relating to pomegranate seed oil.
To this end, there is a responsibility to produce the purest pomegranate seed oil we can. The Pomegranate De-juicing Company (Pty) Ltd (PDC) accepts this as its main production objective, with a minimum level of punicic acid (Omega 5 essential fatty acid) of 80%.
The pomegranate seed oil currently held in the UK, is 82.4% guaranteed, as stated in:
- The SGS South Africa Chemical Analysis MT18-02438.
- Findings certified by a different method of chemical analysis by SGS France.
- Microbiological analysis.
- Materials Safety Data Sheet Batch UK 001.
- In terms of ensuring maximum production standards, the final process of the pomegranate seed oil was conducted in an ASPIRATA Certified plant under the food safety management system FSSC 22000: vs. 3.2.
- Cape Town City Council Health Standard Approval.
Copies of these documents are available here:
- SGS South Africa Chemical Report
- SGS France Chemical Report
- SGS France Microbiological Report
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- ASPIRATA FSSC 22000: vs. 3.2 Certificate Of Registration
- Certificate Of Acceptability For Food Premises
Environmental Certification Testing
PDC does not use animal testing in any of its processes and all our fruit farmers operate under the GLOBALG.A.P. certification scheme, thereby ensuring sustainable practices in terms of soil management and farming systems. Similarly, all our fruit exports to the UK and Continental Europe are produced in accordance with GLOBALG.A.P. requirements at HACCP certified packing units.